Dr. Carlos Ramos de Pina is Cape Verdean born-Portuguese Orthopedic Surgeon. Obtained the Medical Degree in 2004 by the Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas Abel Salazar, at Oporto University. Officer of Portuguese Army with a comimission in Afghanistan in 2008, currently on reserve.
Orthopedic residency in Centro Hospitalar e Universitário de Coimbra between 2008-2014 he was a past Visiting Fellow at:
- Hand to Shoulder Institute at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, USA, with Dr. Lee Osterman.
- Hand and Microsurgery Unit of the Instituto de Ortopedia e Traumatologia, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil, with Professor James Matta Junior.
- Hand Surgery unit at Hospital Universitário de Santa Cristina, Madrid, Spain wuith Professor Juan Gonzales Del Pino.
Currently practicing hand surgery in Centro Hospitalar de Leiria, Portugal, serving as the coordinator of the Ambulatory Unit of Hand and Arthroscopy Surgery.
Current Member of the Coordination Group of the Study of Wrist and hand pathology of the Portuguese Orthopedics and Traumatology Society.
He is specialized in Shoulder elbow and hand pathology.
- Cirurgia da Mão e Microcirurgia
- Ortopedia e Traumatologia do Ombro
- Artroscopia do Ombro, Cotovelo e Punho